Đề thi học kì 2 – Đề 03
Đề thi tiếng anh 8 học kì 2 kèm file nghe – sách chính thức
“2. Read the passage. Complete each sentence with no more than THREE words.
The recent announcement from the Viet Nam government has claimed that Formosa – a Taiwan steel
corporation based in Ha Tinh – was responsible for the mass fish deaths in central Vietnamese provinces in
April and May 2016. According to this announcement, Formosa has discharged a significant amount of
industrial waste, containing lots of harmful chemicals, into the ocean. This seriously polluted the water and
killed the fish. The officials of the company, in a national correspondence meeting, apologized the
Vietnamese people with a bow. Formosa would pay $500 million to treat the oceanic pollution and to
compensate for economic losses of the region. However, according to environmentalists, it will take a
long time for the ecosystem of the central Viet Nam to fully recover. In the mean time, local tourism and
fishing industries have already been negatively affected. Due to the fear of polluted water and seafood, many
tourists have cancelled their pre-booked tours to Ha Tinh, and fishermen haven’t been able to sell their fish to
1. Formosa caused ______ fish deaths in Ha Tinh province.
2. The polluted water had many ______ and was dumped directly into the ocean.
3. The company promised to pay $500 million to treat the ______and to make up for economic losses.
4. ________ say that the polluted ocean will not restore its previous state very soon.
5. The incident has made tourists cancel their _______ to Ha Tinh.”
* Chi tiết các bạn tham khảo nội dung bên dưới.
Click here to download this document
Click here to download Audio File
* Hãy để lại comment và chia sẻ bài đăng này lên mạng xã hội giúp mình nhé, cảm ơn bạn nhiều